Residential & Commercial HOA Landscape Maintenance services include, but not limited to: Lawn Care, Mowing, Trimming, Blowing, Edging, Fertilizing, Weed Control, Core Aeration, Mosquito Control, Spring Cleanup, & Fall Cleanups. Contact us today for a free estimate.
Pewaukee Lawn Care
Lawns R Us is the premier property lawn care service provider for Pewaukee, Wisconsin residents. We service turf and ground cover areas for both residential and commercial properties alike. Our standard lawn care service includes mowing and line trimming (weed eating) around all trees, posts, fencing, etc. Contact us today for a free consultation and estimate.We look forward to working with you.
We offer both weekly and bi-weekly lawn care. However, we recommend our weekly service if you water your lawn, use a fertilization program or wish to thicken and improve the appearance of your lawn.
Core Aeration & Over-seeding Services in Pewaukee, WI
Along with fertilizing and consistent watering techniques, core aeration and over-seeding are vital practices to maintaining overall turf growth. You may be asking, “What exactly is aeration?” By definition, aeration is the naturally occurring process of air exchange between the soil and its surrounding atmosphere. In layman’s terms, aeration is the process of removing small plugs of thatch and soil from the lawn to improve air exchange within the soil. While it is most commonly referred to as “core aeration” within the lawn and maintenance industry, you may also have heard it mentioned as soil cultivation or coring, spiking, and slicing.
In order to maintain an attractive lawn, you must have a healthy root system and in order to create a healthy root system, there must be oxygen in the soil. Clay and compacted soils restrict oxygen supply, thus inhibiting proper root growth. Aeration allows air into the soil combating such problems as compaction, thatch, clay soils, and heavy traffic to promote a healthier root system which in turn creates a healthier, thicker lawn.
There are numerous benefits to aeration, including:
- increased water and nutrient absorption by improving air exchange between the soil and surrounding atmosphere
- increased root development
- improves soil compaction
- helps break up the thatch layer
- maintains turf density
- helps with weed suppression in combination with proper mowing heights
- makes the lawn more heat and drought tolerant
We always recommend over-seeding at the time of aeration as it allows the proper nutrients within the seeds to establish deeper in the soil right within the turf’s root system. We have found this to be the best way to create a denser, greener, healthier lawn and encourage a wider range of growth. As your lawn ages, it grows weaker and is less likely to spread. Over-seeding introduces new seed into your lawn which is often more heat and drought resistant, thus promoting new growth that is more likely to spread and develop into a thicker, greener lawn.
Pewaukee Lawn Fertilization Services
Lawns R Us will evaluate your lawn and recommend a fertilization program most beneficial to your individual lawn needs (between 3-5 treatments). As a “Family Owned Business”, we take great pride in providing you a personalized fertilization service. References available upon request.
- Early Spring – The 1st visit will consist of a pre-emergemt for crabgrass control. It also includes a high quality spring green-up and winter recovery. Broad-leaf weed control will be used as needed.
- Late Spring – This treatment consists of controlled release dry granular fertilizer to promote feeding your grass “naturally” through the root system. It also includes liquid weed control for broadleaf weeds.
- Summer – This treatment will consist of high quality controlled release fertilizer to maintain your turf’s vigor and color. Broadleaf weed control will be used as needed. We will also inspect your lawn for possible insect and disease problems. Insect control will be used as needed (additional cost for fungicide and Merit insecticide)
- Late Summer – This treatment consists of high quality, slow release dry granular fertilizer to thicken your lawn and provide the essential nutrients it needs to stay healthy. Broadleaf weed control and insect control will be used as needed.
- Fall – The last treatment of the year consists of a winterizing dry granular fertilizer to promote root growth and protect against winter disease. It also enhances early spring green-up.
All of Lawns R Us’s lawn services are guaranteed and applied with fully trained and licensed technicians using only EPA approved products. Let us show you what Lawns R Us can do for you. You have nothing to lose but the full beauty your landscape has to offer.
Waukesha County Mosquito, Insect, & Pest Control
If you have unwanted guests, call Pewaukee based Lawns R Us today! Our state-certified applicators will treat the lawn and landscape plants around your home with a virtually odorless product that will control mosquitos and 208 other insects for 3-6 weeks. Ideal for one time events or season long control. Don’t let the mosquito’s wreck your summer time fun!